Re: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Open source

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Inprise/Borland releasing Interbase as Open source
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> FYI:
>
> SCOTTS VALLEY, Calif., Jan. 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Inprise Corporation
>   (Nasdaq: INPR) today announced that it is jumping to the forefront of
>   the Linux database market by open-sourcing the beta version of
>   InterBase 6, the new version of its SQL database. InterBase will be
>   released in open-source form for multiple platforms, including Linux,
>   Windows NT, and Solaris.

Seems we are starting to get some serious competition ;)
AFAIK, they cover more or less the same features (except domains which
we don't have)

BTW, it also says:

The source code for InterBase 6 is scheduled to be published during
the first part of the year 2000.

Chould this "part" be 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/12 (or 1/1) ?

Hannu