Re: [HACKERS] dubious improvement in new psql

От Ed Loehr
Тема Re: [HACKERS] dubious improvement in new psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Question for discussion: when the WAL postmaster is running a database
> start or restart, perhaps it should simply delay processing of new
> connection requests until the DB is ready, instead of rejecting them
> immediately?  That would eliminate the need for retry loops in
> applications, and thereby avoid wasted retry processing on both sides.
> On the other hand, I can see where an unexpected multi-second delay to
> connect might be bad news, too.  Comments?

Suggestion:  Make the delay/reconnect optional with configurable
parameters for how many times to retry, how long to retry, etc.

I have an Apache mod-perl app already doing this reconnect logic, and I'm
very glad my app has control over those parameters.

Cheers,
Ed Loehr

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] dubious improvement in new psql
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] dubious improvement in new psql