Re: [PORTS] Please Define Supported/Unsupported

От Palle Girgensohn
Тема Re: [PORTS] Please Define Supported/Unsupported
Дата
Re: [PORTS] Please Define Supported/Unsupported  (Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>)
Список pgsql-ports
The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, Palle Girgensohn wrote:
>
> > I don't think the PostgreSQL team maintains the web page. I've been
> > using postgres for sparc for two+ years. Postgres is well supported on
> > Sparc, alright. The web site is not that well supported, though. :(
>
> The web site is quite well supported, actually...based on what ppl
> report...

I must agree, it has improved a lot the last year or so. I think I have jumped the trigger too fast this time, and I
apologize!I have had a lot of difficulties using the web in the past (one thing
was a strange redirector throwing me to a broken mirror site unless I printed the entire
"http://www.postgresql.org/index.html"),but most of problems are long gone; I just still remembered them, I
guess... It's a fine and well maintained web site!

> Now, I've been using PostgreSQL for the past 3+ years on Sparc ... running
> Solaris ... can you confirm that the Sparc you are running on is Linux vs
> Solaris, so that Vince can get that updated?

Again, I blush out of ignorance. Nope, I use Solaris/Sparc. I misunderstood the Linux/Sparc for linux AND sparc...
sorry!

But, http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq-english.html#1.3 says

   What Unix platforms does PostgreSQL run on?
   * linux - Intel i86 Alpha SPARC PPC M68k

It seems like Linux/Sparc is OK? Does the web say something else elsewhere?

/Palle

Сообщение: Re: [PORTS] Please Define Supported/Unsupported
Сообщение: Re: [PORTS] Please Define Supported/Unsupported