Re: [HACKERS] Index corruption

От Adriaan Joubert
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Index corruption
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>     I  made  the  patch below against 6.5.2 (you aren't the first
>     who had trouble with it). Hopefully it will  apply  on  6.5.3
>     too,  haven't  checked.   It removes the prosrc index. Due to
>     the catalog changes you need  to  dump  (BEFORE),  reinstall,
>     initdb and reload.

Great! Thanks a lot, I'll rebuild it all and get it back up. A real life-saver -- I was
getting quite a bit of flak and Oracle was coming up in conversations ;-(. Now I can at
least show them that Postgres response to problems beats anything other db's can offer ;-)

>     Should  we  eventually put it somewhere on the FTP server and
>     have a pointer in the FAQ?

Yep, I think so. It is not obvious that this should be a problem (I certainly didn't
expect an index on the procedure source) and it causes severe problems.

Thanks a lot, Jan!

Adriaan