Re: [HACKERS] Index corruption

От Adriaan Joubert
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Index corruption
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Were you the person I told to use pg_upgrade and re-initdb your
> database? If not, I would recommend that as the fix.  You may need to
> re-enable pg_upgrade by editing the script.

Nope, but I've tried this now and it fails miserably for me. I had to edit the file
created by pg_dump quote heavily as I have user-defined types and they required
some initialisation before they could be used in the definition of indexes. Anyway,
I managed to work around that, and pg_upgrade claimed that everything had finished
successfully. But, although the datafiles were in the right place and the right
size all the tables were empty. So some system tables were evidently not
initialised correctly. I tried this both with 6.5.2 and 6.5.3, but no luck either
way.

Any other suggestions would be very welcome.

Regards,

Adriaan