Re: BUG #13960: plpython fails with certain function names

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #13960: plpython fails with certain function names
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com writes:
> If a Postgres function contains characters that are illegal for python
> identifiers, compilation fails. Error message is not very helpful either:

Hm, how much do we really care?  The example seems kinda artificial.

> One possibility is to simply strip out invalid characters[1].

No, because then you would get collisions, ie function names that look
different to PG would look the same to python.  Bad news.

(Actually, don't we have that issue anyway because of schemas?  I wonder
why we are exposing the PG name of the function to python at all.)