Re: macOS Ventura won't generate core dumps

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: macOS Ventura won't generate core dumps
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Apr 9, 2024 at 3:44 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> The usual gotchas apply: you need to have started the postmaster
>> under "ulimit -c unlimited", and the /cores directory has to be
>> writable by whatever user the postmaster is running as.  I have
>> occasionally seen system updates reduce the privileges on /cores,
>> although not recently.

> Interesting. I'm on Ventura 13.6.2. I think I've checked all of the
> stuff you mention, but I'll do some more investigation.

Huh, that's odd.  One idea that comes to mind is that the core files
are frickin' large, for me typically around 3.5GB-4GB even for a
postmaster running with default shared memory sizes.  (I don't know
why, although it seems to me they were less ridiculous a few years
ago.)  Is it possible you're running out of space, or hitting a
quota of some sort?

Сообщение: Re: post-freeze damage control
Сообщение: Re: post-freeze damage control