Re: INSERT or UPDATE

От James B. Byrne
Тема Re: INSERT or UPDATE
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, April 6, 2009 17:00, Dann Corbit wrote:
.

> It is a difficult question.
>
> For instance, there are many possibilities when a collision occurs.
>
> I guess that for some collisions, sharing the name is OK.

I failed to explicitly state what the PK looked like.

  entity_id(entities.id) +
  identifier_type ('AKNA') +
  identifier_value(entities.common_name)

There will only be a PK collision when we attempt to add a duplicate
common name for the same entity, which means it already exists and
does not need to be added again.

James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB@Harte-Lyne.ca
Canada  L8E 3C3