Re: macOS Ventura won't generate core dumps

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: macOS Ventura won't generate core dumps
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Apr 9, 2024 at 2:37 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Still works for me, at least on machines where I have SIP turned
>> off.  Admittedly, Apple's busy making that a less and less desirable
>> choice.

> What exact version are you running?

Works for me on Sonoma 14.4.1 and Ventura 13.6.6, and has done
in many versions before those.

The usual gotchas apply: you need to have started the postmaster
under "ulimit -c unlimited", and the /cores directory has to be
writable by whatever user the postmaster is running as.  I have
occasionally seen system updates reduce the privileges on /cores,
although not recently.