Re: [HACKERS] Re: QUESTION: Replication

От Goran Thyni
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: QUESTION: Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> We need major work in this area, or at least a plan and an FAQ item.
> We are getting major questions on this, and I don't know enough even to
> make an FAQ item telling people their options.

My 2 cents, or 2 ören since I'm a Swede, on this:

It is pretty simple to build a replication with pg_dump, transfer,
empty replic and reload.
But if we want "live replicas" we better base our efforts on a
mechanism using WAL-logs to rollforward the replicas.

regards,
Göran Thyni
On quiet nights you can hear Windows NT reboot!

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] SPI Headers -- RPM distribution
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] SPI Headers -- RPM distribution