Re: [HACKERS] ordering RH6.1

От Ed Loehr
Тема Re: [HACKERS] ordering RH6.1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen wrote:

> More information: it seems that the i18n support is the cause of this.  If you
> remove or rename the file /etc/sysconfig/i18n and restart, then even the fresh
> RedHat 6.1 install provides the correct results for this query.  This file, I
> think, is created during a fresh installation of RH 6.1 -- it doesn't seem to
> belong to any RPM.  An upgrade wouldn't create this file..... (Jeff? Cristian?
> am I right on this?)

Still more data...

After renaming the file /etc/sysconfig/i18n and rebooting, the perl module
Date::Manip timezone lookup failure described previously has ceased.

It seems there may be at least two issues, possibly related.  My pgsql regression
tests were fixed by nuking the pgsql-related RPMs, but that didn't fix the
Date::Manip perl module problem.  Renaming i18n did.  I didn't test the
SELECT query in question prior to making these changes, but that SELECT query does
indeed now return expected results.

Cheers,
Ed Loehr