Re: [HACKERS] Postmaster options, process spawning, logging, etc.

От Tim Holloway
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Postmaster options, process spawning, logging, etc.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Ah. I hadn't noticed they were that far back. I've passed your news on
to our distraught friends in Columbia with a suggestion to try the 6.5.3
RPM.

Tom Lane wrote:

> Tim Holloway <mtsinc@southeast.net> writes:
> > 1. Matthew's problem sounds an awful lot like what's being reported
> > by Lucio Andres Perez in v6.4.2. Maybe some kind of bug in detecting
> > and handling over-the-limit backends.
>
> 6.4.* didn't really have any check/defense against spawning more
> backends than it had resources for.  6.5 does check and enforce the
> maxbackends limit.  It's certainly possible that Matthew's running into
> some kind of resource-exhaustion problem, but I doubt that it's just
> the number of backends that's at issue, except indirectly.  (He could
> be running out of swap space or filetable slots, possibly.)
>
>                         regards, tom lane

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] NOTICE: LockRelease: locktable lookup failed, no lock
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] NOTICE: LockRelease: locktable lookup failed, no lock