Re: [HACKERS] Detrimental performance impact of ringbuffers onperformance

От Andrey Borodin
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Detrimental performance impact of ringbuffers onperformance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> 8 мая 2019 г., в 1:16, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> написал(а):
>
> We probably can't remove the ringbuffer concept from these places, but I
> think we should allow users to disable them. Forcing bulk-loads, vacuum,
> analytics queries to go to the OS/disk, just because of a heuristic that
> can't be disabled, yielding massive slowdowns, really sucks.

If we will have scan-resistant shared buffers eviction strategy [0] - we will not need ring buffers unconditionally.
Are there any other reasons to have these rings?

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

[0] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/89A121E3-B593-4D65-98D9-BBC210B87268%40yandex-team.ru

Сообщение: Re: Statistical aggregate functions are not working with PARTIALaggregation
Сообщение: Re: Statistical aggregate functions are not working with PARTIAL aggregation