Re: [HACKERS] Volunteer: Large Tuples / Tuple chaining

От Christof Petig
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Volunteer: Large Tuples / Tuple chaining
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Remember, chaining tuples had all sorts of performance, vacuum, code
> handling, and UPDATE problems.  They buy us very little, and almost
> nothing if we have LONG tables.

I had already contacted Jan in private Email. Since we share country,
native language and time zone, this is even the most comfortable way.

I agree with the concerns you mailed and will (most likely) start
helping Jan to implement LONG. As I had seen your LONG discussion
_after_ my original post, this had been a strange coincidence. But I had
been following it with interest.
    Christof