Re: Lower or Upper case for F.33. pg_trgm

От Erik Rijkers
Тема Re: Lower or Upper case for F.33. pg_trgm
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

Op 16-08-2022 om 12:36 schreef Daniel Gustafsson:
>> On 16 Aug 2022, at 12:17, PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:
>
>> I have a question regarding the trigram algorithm and I can not find any
>> information about it in your documentation:
>
> Maybe we should add something about this?

Yeah, it's a bit strange that none of the following strings yield any
info on that page:  'case', 'sensitiv', 'upper', 'lower', and that there
is no mention of the  ~  versus  ~*  difference.

Maybe worth to (already in pgtrgm.html) give the simple hint:
   ~  is case-sensitive
   ~* is case-insensitive

In any case a link to  functions-matching.html  seems indicated.

Erik Rijkers