Is something wrong here?

От Mike Mascari
Тема Is something wrong here?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

I was wondering if there's something here I'm not seeing (or am unaware
of) with respect to the use of LIKE in Microsoft Access over ODBC to
PostgreSQL 6.5.0 using the 6.40.00.06 ODBC driver. I have the following
query:

SELECT workorders.workorder, workorders.workorderno, equipment.assetno,
equipment.controlno
FROM workorders, equipment
WHERE equipment.assetno LIKE '%214%' AND
workorders.equipment=equipment.equipment
ORDER BY workorders.workorder;

When I just "copy-and-paste" this query into a psql session, everything
works fine (although if I recall correctly, 6.5.0 has a bug with
something of the form LIKE '214%'). However, the following appears in
the trace log:

MSACCESS        fff8be35:fffa52c5 EXIT  S
QLExecDirect  with return code 0 (SQL_SUCCESS) HSTMT               0x057d0b60 UCHAR *             0x051c1828 [
-3]
"SELECT "workorders"."workorder","equipment"."equipment" FROM
"workorders","equipment" WHERE
(("equipment"."assetno" = '%214%' ) AND
("workorders"."equipment" = "equipment"."equipment" ) )
ORDER BY "workorders"."workorder"  \ 0" SDWORD                    -3

MSACCESS        fff8be35:fffa52c5 ENTER SQLFetch HSTMT               0x057d0b60

MSACCESS        fff8be35:fffa52c5 EXIT  SQLFetch  with
return code 100 (SQL_NO_DATA_FOUND) HSTMT               0x057d0b60

So I'm wondering who's turning my LIKE clause into an equality operator?
Is this a Microsoft Access issue? Is there a method of pattern matching
available that wouldn't require me to use the direct pass-thru method?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Mike Mascari