ESQL/C Docs: Request for code

От Martin Jackson
Тема ESQL/C Docs: Request for code
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hello all,

I am looking for examples of working ECPG code.  Partly I would like to
see for myself how it works, but I would also be willing to write some
documentation on it, which I would be willing to submit to the CVS tree.

I do not understand, for example, how to handle cursors in ECPG because
I have not found any examples of doing so in the documentation I have.
Others have probably had the same problem.

I am familiar with the Informix ESQL/C implementation, if that matters.

Would anyone be willing to email me some working code, along with the
appropriate table definitions?  It need not be too elaborate, but I
would like to know the following\ things:

1)  How do you set up a fetch operation?  Is there a nicer way to do it
in EC without a cursor?  That is,
DECLARE foo CURSOR FOR    SELECT * FROM bar    WHERE baz = :bazval
{time passes}
FETCH foo INTO :bletch, :foo2;

2)  Can you PREPARE (i.e. cache) statements for later execution?EXEC SQL DELETE FROM foo    WHERE baz = ?

3)  Does Postgres directly support placeholders (?)?  I've used them in
DBI, but I don't know whether that's some hack by the Postgres driver
author or if it's an actual Postgres feature?

4)  What kind of scope do declared cursors have?

5) (META-QUESTION):  Is ECPG suitable for a large system, i.e. an
accounting system for a small business?

--
Martin Jackson: mhjacks@nwa.quik.com