Re: [HACKERS] Multibyte in autoconf

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Multibyte in autoconf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> On 1999-12-08, Tatsuo Ishii mentioned:
>
> > 1) initdb with no encoding augument (suppose that SQL_ASCII is set as
> > the default encoding in template1)
> >
> > 2) a user creates a database with no encoding augument. he thought
> > that the default encoding is EUC_JP.
>
> Why would the user think that? Can't he check if he's not sure? Call his
> db admin? Or did the db admin mess up the initdb?

As a Japanese,I don't want to specify an encoding for every initdb.
There are few selections except --with-mb=EUC_JP in Japan.
Isn't it preferable that PostgreSQL doesn't need an excellent db
admin ?

I do initdb frequently in current tree.

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue@tpf.co.jp

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Multibyte in autoconf
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Multibyte in autoconf