Re: [HACKERS] Raising funds for PostgreSQL

От Kyle Bateman
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Raising funds for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Ed Loehr wrote:

> Kyle Bateman wrote:
>
> > Now again, these are just suggestions, but I think the following are good ideas:
> >
> > 3. Do not disclose these bids to the public
>
> > 4. Do not disclose the received pledges to date to the public
>
> I'm curious about your rationale for 3 and 4.  Why not disclose bid amounts (not bidders) and
> received pledge amounts (not pledgers) to the public prior to the work being completed?  What
> do you think would happen?
>
> Ed Loehr

I'm not really that strong on those issues.  I just think if I were setting it up that's
probably the way I would do it to try to maximize the amount of money actually raised and
perhaps keep things a bit more discrete for the developers.

I don't think anything really bad would happen if people know what the numbers are.  You could
in fact figure out about what the numbers were anyway by placing a pledge and watching the
change in the percentage.  That might be a good reason for hiding them right there... :)

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Parallel regress tests (was Re: FOREIGN KEY and shift/reduce)
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Parallel regress tests (was Re: FOREIGN KEY and shift/reduce)