Re: [INTERFACES] Spanish format on date and numbers

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Spanish format on date and numbers
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
> Yes, but the parser probably won't. It definitely only lists a decimal
> point.

Ah, right! And I'm not sure how to tell it to understand the current
value of the environment variables and to change its behavior.

If we started allowing commas in numeric strings it would conflict
with usual usage; e.g.
 select 123,156;

should give you two columns, but might be interpreted instead as a six
digit integer. Note that if you surround any number with single quotes
you will get past the parser unscathed:
 select int '123,456';

gets you to the system i/o routines which are locale-enabled.
                   - Thomas

South Pasadena, California