Re: [INTERFACES] Problems with postgres V6.5.3 large objects

От Charles Randle
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Problems with postgres V6.5.3 large objects
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Tom,

In terms of access to the large object, my class maintains an  array of
objects which are currently open
(Oid,name,file descriptor etc ..).  Whenever access is needed to any
large object an accessor method
simply executes 'lo_read'/lo_write' or lo_seek as is desired . If the
object is not on the active list then another method opens the object
(using lo_open ).As is to be expected the destructor of the class closes
all open objects .

These accessor methods are called by C style functions which are
basically wrappers of them . This is done because the access is needed
by  a Dialogic voice  library  . The messages are actually VOX voice
messages which are played by an application that I am designing. The
Dialogic libraries that I'm using allow the
installation of custom I/O functions for reading to or writing from
non-standard  devices (hence the need for C style wrappers ) , but these
custom functions must have the same prototype of standard
open/read/write/lseek systems calls .

The interface works for the first such VOX large object but the error
manifests itself if I try to load (open ) another large object for use .

Regards,
Charles Randle