Re: [HACKERS] postmaster.pid

От Evan Simpson
Тема Re: [HACKERS] postmaster.pid
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

> I have committed changes to postmaster.c. Now it creates a file called
> "postmaster.pid" under $PGDATA, which holds postmaster's process
> id. If the file has already existed, postmaster won't start.

Do you just test to see if the file exists?  If so, I would suggest
actually reading the pid and checking to see if the process is still
running.  That way we don't have to 'rm postmaster.pid' if the postmaster
dies abnormally (Netscape for Linux has this problem).

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [Fwd: postgresql-6.5.3. RPMs (Well Done!)]
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [Fwd: postgresql-6.5.3. RPMs (Well Done!)]