Re: [HACKERS] postmaster.pid

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: [HACKERS] postmaster.pid
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Ed Loehr wrote:
> Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> > Another file "postmaster.opts" is also created under $PGDATA. It
> > contains the path to postmaster and each option for postmaster per
> > line. Example contents are shown below:
[snip]
> > Note that even options execpt -S is not explicitly supplied in the
> > case above (postmaster -S), other opts are shown. This file is not
> > only convenient to restart postmaster but also is usefull to determin
> > with what defaults postmaster is running, IMHO.
> It's not quite clear to me:  Do command line options override
> postmaster.opts options? (I would expect them to.)

>From what I gather from Tatsuo's message, the 'postmaster.opts' file
only shows the status of the currently running postmaster -- IOW, it's
not a configuration file, but a status indicator.

And I like the idea of this status information being available in this
way.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

От: Thomas Lockhart
Сообщение: emacs question
От: Thomas Lockhart
Сообщение: Re: [Fwd: postgresql-6.5.3. RPMs (Well Done!)]