Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] drop/rename table and transactions

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] drop/rename table and transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Oops sorry,I sent a draft by mistake.

Vadim Mikheev wrote:

> Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
> >
> > > I propose here that we stop the release of lock before end of transaction.
> > > I have been suffering from the early release of lock.
> > >
> > > Comments ?
> >
> > If there's no objection,I would change UnlockRelation() to not release
> > the specified lock except AccessShareLock.
>
> Why don't remove this call from improper places?
> I would try to find all calls and understand why
> they made...

I was surprized that few people really want DDL commands inside transactions.
Are there any reasons to releasing lock before end of transaction except
that long term lock for system tuples is not preferable ?

I think that UnlockRelation() is unnecessary fundamentally.
Mine is the simplest way to achieve this.
If there's no problem,I am glad to remove UnlockRelation() calls.

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue@tpf.co.jp