Re: BUG #17610: Use of multiple composite types incompatible with record-typed function parameter

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #17610: Use of multiple composite types incompatible with record-typed function parameter
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Japin Li <japinli@hotmail.com> writes:
> On Fri, 09 Sep 2022 at 02:36, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> So really the way we ought to fix this is to upgrade the parser
>> APIs so that plpgsql could deal with "$1.f1" as a unit.  But
>> that seems like a lot of work, and it would certainly not be
>> back-patchable.

> Tested and looks good!

After letting this bake awhile, I still haven't thought of a better
idea.  Also, even if we wanted to invest the effort to make "$1.f1"
an integrated construct, I think you could still easily break it,
say with syntax like "($1).f1".  The variant "(arg).f1" would be
problematic too without this change.

Hence, pushed as-is.