Re: PostgreSQL

От Matthew Leo
Тема Re: PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm figuring this stuff out for myself rightnow.  Here's what I've got
so far.

Visit this location to obtain the win32 ODBC driver:
http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc.

If you've created your database, make sure you edit the file pg_hba.conf
in your default database directory to include a line allowing
connections from your windows machines over IP (assuming you have a
network 192.168.0.*), for example:

host all  192.168.0.0  255.255.255.0  trust

to give completely unfettered access to everything, ignoring passwords.
Obviously, this is probably more permissive than you really want to be!
It's a start for config testing.

Assuming this works, be a little less trusing, change the line to:
host all  192.168.0.0  255.255.255.0  password pg_pwd

This requires a password and looks into the file pg_pwd in your database
directory for the password.  You can run the command "pg_passwd pg_pwd"
to set passwords in this file.

That's as far as I've got.  Other methods include kerberos, crypt (no
plaintext password transmitted -- a good idea), and ident (the ident
protocol -- don't know about this one).  If anyone has any knowledge
about integrating with NT domains that would be great.

-Matt