Re: [DOCS] RE: file name error (fwd)

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [DOCS] RE: file name error (fwd)
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Re: [DOCS] RE: file name error (fwd)  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-docs
> http://postgresql.org/docs/admin/install761.htm
> steps in the list which have problems are:
> 4, 6, 10, and 26
> due to the "v" in the filename which is not in the filename on the FTP server.
> other parts of the install process have incorrect paths

Was someone going to rewrite the installation procedure? I was looking
at it myself and agree with the thread from a month or two ago that it
is *much* too complicated and verbose. Several steps should be moved
to subsequent sections as reference or backup material (e.g. flex,
regression tests), and the whole thing could be substantially
condensed.
                      - Thomas

South Pasadena, California