Mandrake RPMs (was RPM build on Suse linux 6.2)

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Mandrake RPMs (was RPM build on Suse linux 6.2)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Ok.  I'm going to have to do some digging -- there are a multitude of
> other X11-related configure shenanigans I'm going to have to take care
> of for building the RPMs on SuSE.  I eventually hope to have it where
> people can rebuild the RPM set with a simple 'rpm --rebuild' instead of
> what some are having to do now.  On RedHat Intel, Sparc, or Alpha, the
> --rebuild is enough -- but RedHat is not the only RPM-based distribution
> (nor is linux the only OS that can have RPM installed....).  Time to buy
> CheapBytes' Mondo CD pack (five linux distributions on CD)....

I've sent off mail to the Mandrake folks regarding the Postgres RPMs;
will let you know what I find out. Current problems:

1) they don't have the latest release. I asked whether they had a
mechanism for releasing updates to packages over and above the limited
number I see on their site.

2) they seem to have omitted the .src.rpm from their distro, so I
can't see how they build their i586-specific packages.

btw, they show the same /usr/lib/pgsql permissions problem.
                    - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] 7.0 status request
Сообщение: RE: [HACKERS] 7.0 status request