Re: "Constraint exclusion" is not general enough

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "Constraint exclusion" is not general enough
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> To achieve the "indexed" partition pruning, we'd need
> - a way to specify that all constraints are mutually exclusive
> - a declarative approach for saying something like "arranged in date
> sequence"
> - preferably a way to have this happen at run-time so we can hard-plan a
> query with CURRENT_TIMESTAMP in the WHERE clause

Definitely a direction worth pursuing, but it seems like it would be a
completely separate code path from the existing constraint-checking
code.  I'd imagine that instead of having to prove theorems about which
tables to scan, a declarative approach would let us "just know" what
to do.

Сообщение: Re: buildfarm - make check failures for leveret on 8.0 and 8.1
Сообщение: Re: buildfarm - make check failures for leveret on 8.0