Re: Simple client messages from within pgPL/SQL

От Andre Schnoor
Тема Re: Simple client messages from within pgPL/SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I'm desparately seeking for a simple way to send messages to the client
> during the execution of large stored procedures.
>
>   RAISE INFO 'Now Processing %', thisCustomer;
>
> Doesn't do it, because the client console is cluttered with verbose
context
> information (e.g. backtrace). It's impossible to follow these "messages".
>
> I'm afraid that lowering the verbosity level in the server config will
also
> affect error messages (where verbosity is helpful). Is there another way
> output strings to the "console"?

Example:

INFO:  Total of 25130 listed songs found, 13046 of them did not perform
today
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT  sp_song_performance_reset( $1 )"
PL/pgSQL function "sp_song_performance_batch" line 41 at select into
variables
SQL statement "SELECT  sp_song_performance_batch( $1 )"
PL/pgSQL function "sp_daily" line 39 at select into variables
SQL statement "SELECT  sp_daily()"
PL/pgSQL function "sp_test_charts" line 14 at select into variables

I only want to have the first line appear and nothing else.
How do I suppress the CONTEXT clutter?

Andre