Re: [GENERAL] Re: replication

От Jeff Hoffmann
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Re: replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Aaron J. Seigo" wrote:

> this needs to be in the back end... otherwise, if you have multiple people
> performing updates on different replicated servers, how can you guarentee
> concurancy? how do you manage the differences between read-only and updateable
> replicants? (this can be done using your wrapper method, but quickly gets
> clumsy)

yeah it can get clumsy, but fortunately updates are pretty rare in my
case (and usually only performed by one person) so i don't really worry
about those issues, but i should.  the only safety issue i use is
starting a transaction for each connection, perform the action on all of
the databases, and then commit the transaction on each.  it's not bad
unless one of the commits fails and the others don't, then i have to
retry the failed ones & hope it works.  i don't know how to fix it if i
had to give up on one of the transactions for a mirror.  again, not
perfect, but it works pretty well for me & my simpler cases.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Re: replication
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Re: replication