Re: [GENERAL] Re: replication

От Jeff Hoffmann
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Re: replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Aaron J. Seigo" wrote:

> >    I would like to inquire if with PostgreSQL 6.5.3.x I can put the same
> > database on two or more different Linux server such that each update will
> > be replicated on all database backends...
>
> right now, you can jury rig your own system up using network file systems,
> periodic updates of local filesystems, etc... this is limited in
> usefulness...

my favorite hack is to wrap the c/c++ api so you can set up a group of
mirror database connections and then calling the wrapped functions will
call the original function on each of the mirror database connections.
i've really never thought of it as something that should be part of the
library, though, since that's pretty easy to implement in the
application.