Re: 2022-06-16 release announcement draft

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 2022-06-16 release announcement draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org> writes:
> Please review for technical accuracy and omissions.

A few minor thoughts:

> The PostgreSQL Global Development Group has released PostgreSQL 14.4 to fix an
> issue that could cause silent data corruption when using the
> [`CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY`](https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-createindex.html)
> and [`REINDEX CONCURRENTLY`](https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-reindex.html)
> commands.

Maybe s/and/or/ ?

> PostgreSQL 14.4 fixes an issue with the
> [`CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY`](https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-createindex.html)
> and [`REINDEX CONCURRENTLY`](https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-reindex.html)
> that could cause silent data corruption of indexes.

Either leave out "the" or add "commands".  That is, "the FOO and BAR
commands" reads fine, "the FOO and BAR" less so.  Also, I'm inclined
to be a bit more specific and say that the problem is missing index
entries, so maybe like "... fixes an issue that could cause the [CIC]
and [RIC] commands to omit index entries for some rows".

> Once you upgrade your system to PostgreSQL 14.4, you can fix any silent data
> corruption using `REINDEX CONCURRENTLY`.

Perhaps it is also worth mentioning that you can use REINDEX without
CONCURRENTLY, even before upgrading.

> * Report implicitly-created operator families (`CREATE OPERATOR CLASS`) to event
> triggers.

Maybe "(generated by `CREATE OPERATOR CLASS`)"?  As-is, the parenthetical
comment looks more like a mistake than anything else.

The rest looks good.