Re: [GENERAL] indexed regex select optimisation missing?

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: [GENERAL] indexed regex select optimisation missing?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Ross J. Reedstrom" wrote:

> Stuart -
> I'm forwarding a version of your last message to the hackers list, and
> to Lamar Owen, who's the keeper of the RPMs. The short verson, for those

> > Hmm, perhaps a 'good' initial fix would be to produce another set of RPMs,

That is easy enough.  I can build two versions -- with locale, and
no-locale.  No-locale RPM's would be named differently --
postgresql-6.5.3-1nl.i386.rpm (that's 'one in ell').

I have been helping another user figure out the regression results for
locales -- it's not fun.  HOWEVER, I also need to follow the
RedHat-originated standard, with is with locale support.

It'll take a little bit to rebuild, but not too long -- I could release
no-locale RPM's as early as tomorrow for RedHat 6.x, and as early as an
hour from now for RedHat 5.2 (both releases happening after the official
6.5.3 release, of course).

In fact, if a user wants to build the no-locale RPM's themselves, it's
not too difficult:
1.)    get the postgresql-6.5.2-1.src.rpm source RPM (hereafter abbreviated
'the SRPM')
2.)    Install the SRPM with 'rpm -i'
3.)    Become root, and cd to /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
4.)    Open postgresql.spec with your favorite editor
5.)    Remove the configure option '--enable-locale' (if you use vi, and
are comfortable with doing so, you can ':%s/--enable-locale//g' to good
effect).
6.)    Change the string after the line 'Release:' to be '1nl' from 1.
7.)    Save and exit your editor.
8.)    execute the command 'rpm -ba postgresql.spec'
9.)    When it's done, install the new RPM's from the appropriate directory
under /usr/src/redhat/RPMS.
10.)    Clean up by removing the files under SOURCES and the
postgresql-6.5.2 build tree under BUILD.

NOTE: You need a fairly complete development environment to do this --
in particular, 'python-devel' must be installed (it's not by default,
even under a 'C Development' and 'Development Libraries' enabled
installation.  You do need the C++ compiler installed as well.

Would this help??

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] indexed regex select optimisation missing?
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] indexed regex select optimisation missing?