Re: BUG #17561: Server crashes on executing row() with very long argument list

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #17561: Server crashes on executing row() with very long argument list
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> writes:
> The patch looks good to me. Just wondering if there are any other types
> of expressions that need to check for MaxTupleAttributeNumber in
> parse_expr.c.

As far as I can think, sub-SELECTs and ROW constructs are the only
SQL that can produce composites of non-pre-determined types.
For constructs producing named composite types, the limit on the
number of columns in a table should take care of it.

What I'm more troubled by is whether there are any ways to produce
a wide tuple that don't come through either the parser or a table
definition.  Not sure what that could look like, other than C code
randomly constructing a RowExpr or some such.