Re: [INTERFACES] sequences

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] sequences
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
>  The size of a sequence is 32bit , correct? (im pretty damn sure it is). Is
> there any way I can tune this to 64bit, There is an int8 option in postgres as
> I use that already.Threre is a skanky way of creating an incremenetd counter
> whilst using an int8 but I would rather up the sequence in the code. Anyone got
> any ideas where to look?

Look in src/backend/parser/gram.y and analyze.c for where sequences
(the serial type) is handled. The code actually just embeds the
"skanky" technique to hide it from the user. A very first cut might be
to make this configurable by defining, say, SERIAL_IS_INT64. Patches
accepted ;)
                   - Thomas

South Pasadena, California