Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

От Christophe combet
Тема Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Dear Vladimir,

Thank you for your reply.

We forgot to mention the command line we used:
   java -Duser.language=en -Duser.region=US -XX:ParallelGCThreads=1 -Xms8g -Xmx8g -jar our.jar jar_parameters

We generated a heap dump with 42.2.14  by adding  -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:HeapDumpPath=/tmp/mydump.hprof in the command line,  the dump file size is 9GB and contains not shareable data.

We are doing a "SELECT column1 FROM table1 ODER BY column1;" (column1 is   varchar(14) and the table contains 130,080,790 rows), when the exception occurs.

We tried 42.2.14 with the previous version of the database with 128,748,634 rows, the exception occurred to (it worked with 42.2.8). The exception is not linked to the increase in number of rows.

Yes, your are right, this a fetch of a very large resultset in a non-transactional manner (Autocommit:true).

Best.