Postgres (NT), ODBC and DBTools

От Tim Teulings
Тема Postgres (NT), ODBC and DBTools
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hallo!

I have compiled the current postgres version under NT using cygwin
B20.1 and I have also installed the current ODBC driver.

Everything work fine (there seems to be some problems with multi
user access and I get some messages in the log file about semaphores,
but that is not yet a problem).

We also use DBTools from RogueWave to access postgres via the ODBC
driver. That works for select statements, but not for insert and
update statements, where I get syntax errors for statements that
obviously are correct and which do work unsing pgsql.

Since I had similar problems (on Linux) which older version, I estimate
that postgres exspects insert and update statements to finish with a
colon (";"). Is this correct?

If so, how can I solve my problem? (Ok, ";" is a statement divider and
thus should not be necessary...). I cannot modify the SQL generation
of DBTools since it encapsulates this. Can I make the ODBC driver
to simply add a colon? Are the sources available for this purpose?

Any help is welcome!

--
Gruß...      Tim.