Re: Database health check/auditing

От Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul)
Тема Re: Database health check/auditing
Дата
Список pgsql-general
What Tim said!!  :c)

I think the bigger deal is setting a new message Subject at the approriate point in a thread/conversation.

bobb

On Feb 16, 2018, at 2:23 PM, Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> wrote:

Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> writes:

Melvin Davidson schrieb am 16.02.2018 um 05:26:
Tim,

FYI, the policy in this list is to avoid top posting and bottom post instead.

Plus: trimming the original content, so that not the whole email thread is repeated in the quote.

Thomas

While I'm happy to comply, I disagree with trimming/editing the
thread. Certainly made sense when networks were slower and MUAs were
less sophisticated, but these days I prefer using a MUA which is able to
fold the original content and keep all the content in the message. This
reduces confusion, misunderstanding and incorrect attribution arising
from poor editing and makes it easy to reference the full discussion in
one spot rather than having to go back through messages putting it all
back together. YMMV.

Tim

--
Tim Cross

The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.
—A. A. Milne