Re: localization problem (and solution)

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: localization problem (and solution)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=loris&dt=2005-12-29%2000:44:52>
> Weird.  It seems to be choking on linking to check_function_bodies, but
> plpgsql does that exactly the same way, and there's no problem there.
> I wonder whether all those warnings in the perl header files mean
> anything ...

We always get those - see
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=loris&dt=2005-12-23%2019%3A56%3A12&stg=makefor example. One day
whenI get time I want to clean them up.

>> The issue is that if I set my machine's locale to Turkish or French,
>> say, it doesn't matter what locale I set during initdb or in
>> postgresql.conf, the server's log messages always seem to come out in
>> the machine's locale.
>
> Is this possibly related to the fact that we don't even try to do
> setlocale() for LC_MESSAGES

We can't on Windows - it doesn't define LC_MESSAGES. But libintl does some
stuff, I believe.

cheers

andrew

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: localization problem (and solution)
От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: [Bizgres-general] WAL bypass for INSERT, UPDATE and