Re: BUG #17478: Missing documents in the index after CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY (but existing in the table)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #17478: Missing documents in the index after CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY (but existing in the table)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Maxim Boguk <maxim.boguk@gmail.com> writes:
> On Mon, May 9, 2022 at 5:58 PM PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org>
> wrote:
>> We’re observing a strange bug, according to me. We’ve got native logical
>> replication where the master host is running on PostgreSQL 13.3 and the
>> logical replica host is running on PostgreSQL 14.1. And the problem is:
>> when we start to reindex concurrently the primary key of an 800M heavily
>> inserted/updated(on the master)table on the logical replica database,
>> several documents that have been inserted and existing in the master
>> database during the index rebuild on the replica, are missing from the
>> structure on the replica host.

> Please try to upgrade your slave to 14.2 where this problem was fixed (at
> least it fixed the same issue for me).

13.6 might do as well, and would be a lot closer to a drop-in upgrade.

The 13.5 and 13.6 release notes both mention problems with REINDEX
CONCURRENTLY.  Given the existence of those fixed bugs, nobody is
likely to look too closely at this report unless you can still reproduce
it on a current minor release.