Re: Out of memory (failed on request)

От J.F. Oster
Тема Re: Out of memory (failed on request)
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hello HappyGirl84,

This list is for pgAdmin, the GUI administrative tool for PostgreSQL.
For questions such as yours, which relate to Postgres itself, you'd
better post to the pgsql-general list.

May be this will help:

Check configuration parameter 'maintenance_work_mem' by issuing
following in the query window:

show maintenance_work_mem

or

select * from pg_settings where name='maintenance_work_mem'

If it differs from default (16MB), try to lower the value, see here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/config-setting.html#CONFIG-SETTING-CONFIGURATION-FILE
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/runtime-config-resource.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-RESOURCE-MEMORY

But note that in most cases it is sufficent to rely on autovacuum
feature, see here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/routine-vacuuming.html#AUTOVACUUM

--
Best regards,J.F.