Re: tsearch_core for inclusion

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: tsearch_core for inclusion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
> On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, Florian G. Pflug wrote:
>> Isn't the real problem that only _one_ configuration per locale should
>> be marked as DEFAULT at any time, no matter what schema it is in?

> I'm not sure I understand you correct (a bit complex :), but it's allowed
> to have only _one_ DEFAULT configuration per schema/per locale. So,
> visibility is defined by search_path for given locale.

Not sure that that's a good idea at all.  We used to have
search-path-dependent rules for deciding which opclass was default,
and found that that was not good.  Also, I do not understand how
the queries and the indexes are tied together --- but doesn't an
index need to be built using the same rules that are later expected
by the queries?  If that varies on search_path it'll be too fragile.