Re: [GENERAL] stored procedure revisited

От Yin-So Chen
Тема Re: [GENERAL] stored procedure revisited
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Peter Mount wrote:

> Well, for me it would allow the current kludge that the JDBC driver uses
> for PreparedStatement. Having SP would allow that class to temporarily
> store the procedure, then only the data would need to be transfered to the
> backend. This would improve the majority of JDBC useage enormously.

Definitely.  For JDBC/ODBC camp, SP is a strong feature to have.
Although for the PrepareStatement it would mean the system needs to
allow "temporary" stored procedure in the database, and is PG's security
mechanism set up for that?

Regards,

yin-so chen

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] stored procedure revisited
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] stored procedure revisited