Re: PANIC serves too many masters

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: PANIC serves too many masters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Sat, 2023-11-18 at 14:29 -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> I don't quite know what we should do. But the current situation
> decidedly
> doesn't seem great.

Agreed. Better classification is nice, but it also requires more
discipline and it might not always be obvious which category something
fits in. What about an error loop resulting in:

  ereport(PANIC, (errmsg_internal("ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE exceeded")));

We'd want a core file, but I don't think we want to restart in that
case, right?

Also, can we do a change like this incrementally by updating a few
PANIC sites at a time? Is it fine to leave plain PANICs in place for
the foreseeable future, or do you want all of them to eventually move?

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

Сообщение: Re: Annoying build warnings from latest Apple toolchain
Сообщение: Re: Annoying build warnings from latest Apple toolchain