Re: Need wiki help: Advocacy TODO page

От Brendan Jurd
Тема Re: Need wiki help: Advocacy TODO page
Дата
Список pgsql-www
2009/8/22 Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>:

> Why not follow Selena's lead and name the page Advocacy/Todo?

Well, I put the content under Advocacy_Todo because that page already
existed (albeit empty) and it seemed a logical naming, consistent with
our approach elsewhere on the wiki.

We *could* use subpages for Advocacy, sure.  Buta) I don't know all the implications of using subpages versus the
standard scheme.b) We don't do that anywhere else in the wiki, so it's kinda out of left field.c) Wikipedia
specificallydisallows the use of subpages in the main

namespace, because trying to organise things into a topical hierarchy
proved counterproductive.  I'm not suggesting we have to do whatever
Wikipedia does, but they are the organisation with the most field
experience using mediawiki, so it might be useful to take advantage of
their lessons learned.

Personally I'd be more inclined to just put all of the
Advocacy-related pages into Category:Advocacy.

Cheers,
BJ

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: