Re: BUG #4862: different results in to_date() between 8.3.7 & 8.4.RC1

От Brendan Jurd
Тема Re: BUG #4862: different results in to_date() between 8.3.7 & 8.4.RC1
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
2009/6/22 Jeremy Ford <jeremford@gmail.com>:
> Hi Brendan.
>
> Results as requested - Oracle 10g:

Cheers for that Jeremy.

I think we can safely conclude from these results that Oracle pays no
attention whatsoever to leading spaces in either the input string, or
the format string.

If we want to copy this behaviour, I think the best way forward is to
add some code that deliberately skips over any initial whitespace in
either string.  Any comments about this approach?  I should be able to
work up a patch over the next couple days.

Cheers,
BJ