Re: Re: Updated interval patches (SQL std output, ISO8601 intervals, and interval rounding)

От Brendan Jurd
Тема Re: Re: Updated interval patches (SQL std output, ISO8601 intervals, and interval rounding)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 6:13 AM, Ron Mayer
<rm_pg@cheapcomplexdevices.com> wrote:
> Brendan Jurd wrote:
>> I don't have any further gripes regarding this patch, apart from the
>> code style stuff I sent through in my previous post.  Did you have any
>> response to those?
>
> Yup - you were right again.
> Applied them and updated the website and attaching the patch.

Cool.  In that case I'm ready to kick this up to a committer.

> I wonder what's the best way for myself to get out of those habits
> in the future?  Some lint flags or similar?

Can't help you there I'm afraid.  vi takes care of much of the
indentation and such, but my patches have had their fair share of code
and error message style problems too.  On the bright side I've found
that switching between code conventions does get easier with practice.Currently my strategy consists largely of "read
thepatch over

several times before submitting it".  Even so, mistakes sometimes slip
through.

Cheers,
BJ