Uncleared result sets in describeOneTableDetails()

От Brendan Jurd
Тема Uncleared result sets in describeOneTableDetails()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
While I was poking around in src/bin/psql/describe.c, I noticed that
when the query for inherited tables is opened, the code checks whether
the result is valid and if not, it goes straight to the error_return,
without clearing result sets that may have been open at the time.  See
line 1174 in revision 1.147.

Contrast with other instances of result sets being opened; if it
fails, the code first clears all previously opened result sets, then
goes to error_return (e.g., line 1138).

Is it crucial that result sets be cleared before going out of scope?
If so, this looks like it needs to be patched.

Regards,
BJ