Re: Shorthand for foreign key indices

От Brendan Jurd
Тема Re: Shorthand for foreign key indices
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 5/9/05, Jim C. Nasby <decibel@decibel.org> wrote:
> On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 02:05:14AM +1000, Brendan Jurd wrote:
> > CREATE TABLE foo (
> >  foo int NOT NULL REFERENCES bar INDEX
> > );
> >
> > ... would be marvellous
>
> I agree that it would be handy. Another possibility is throwing a NOTICE
> or even WARNING if you create a foreign key that isn't covered by an

Good idea.  WARNING might be going too far though.  NOTICE sounds just
about right to me.

> > My apologies if this has been answered before, but a search of the
> > -general mailing list was not fruitful.
>
> FYI, often times new ideas are only discussed on -hackers, so you should
> search there as well.

Well, so far nobody's raised any objections.

Would it be worthwhile to repost this on -hackers?  I did do a search
on the mailing list archives for that list as well, and didn't come up
with anything that bore directly on this discussion.